Are you tired of your child’s poor tooth brushing habits? Day after day, night after night of speedy brushing, forgetting to floss, or even worse – not brushing at all! Scroll down for an instructional brushing video to help them (and you) learn a few tips on how to properly care for their teeth.
Instructional brushing video – ages 9+:
Additional brushing tips:
- Teach them to follow a routine pattern. Brush the outer surface, inner surfaces, and chewing surfaces of the teeth (assist if needed).
- Slow down! Brush for two minutes with small circular motions.
- Don’t overlook the front teeth. Surprisingly, children at this age brush better in the back than the front because they don’t take the time to adjust their toothbrush positioning.
- Make sure to clean at the gum line with the brush at a 45-degree angle.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue and FLOSS.
Monitoring hygiene at this age is still important. Parental checkups and the use plaque disclosing tablets every few weeks to evaluate effectiveness and plaque buildup. This will help them improve their brushing and flossing skills.
Are you ready to learn more? Give us a call to schedule their next appointment or fill out our online appointment request. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Follow the links below to view all of our instructional brushing videos: