It’s that time of year again, school is starting and before you know it the holidays will be here. We understand this is a time full of stress and uncertainty but it shouldn’t be when it comes to your child’s dental care. It’s the perfect time of year to remind our patient families to “use it or lose it” before the end of the year. But what does that term mean? Typically at the end of each year any dental benefits you have not used are wiped away and your insurance benefits for the new year kick in; which means you may be throwing away hundreds of dollars every year! This year is especially unique because some insurance companies are making exceptions for expiring benefits.
5 WAYS TO USE YOUR DENTAL BENEFITS BEFORE YOU LOSE THEM:
- Most dental insurances allow two cleanings per year. If you haven’t taken advantage of that for your child then you will lose one of those cleanings. Some dental insurances are also making exceptions to their deductibles and eligibility dates due to COVID-19. Call your provider and ask or call us and we’ll find out for you!
- Prevention is the most effective way to save money on dental expenses. Consider preventative services like sealants to help protect your child’s teeth from potential cavities and other costly situations.
- Unscheduled treatment. Don’t postpone recommended treatment. Scheduling a filling of a simple cavity now can save you from a costly crown or even the premature loss of the tooth.
- Does your child have a stubborn baby tooth that just won’t get loose or double rows of teeth a.k.a. shark teeth? Let us evaluate to see if your child could benefit from a procedure to help guide their teeth into the correct position. Procedures like this help permanent teeth come in straighter and make potential orthodontics easier.
- If your plan has a deductible, chances are you’ve met it for the year. If you still have benefits remaining, it would be a good idea to use them without having to pay it again the following year.
Give us a call if you’d like to learn more about any of the items above. We are happy to help you navigate your dental insurance and/or provide more information on how to utilize your benefits before the end of the year.
COVID-19 Update: Kids Teeth always puts the health and care of our patients and their families as our top priority. In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are taking additional precautions so we can continue to practice in an environment that is as safe as possible. We have always followed strict OSHA/CDC guidelines for Infection Control and have added extra safety measures to protect our patients and their families – see further details on the Kids Teeth website.