Dear Kids Teeth patients and families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health as our community and nation have been dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been monitoring the daily changes of the virus and appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Charleston County has seen a decrease in new cases over the last 2-4 weeks and our American Dental Association has issued guidance on returning to work for dental offices. With these guidelines, Kids Teeth will be reopening on Wednesday, May 6th and have implemented some changes to increase the safety for our patients and staff. Our goal is to do so without disrupting the Kids Teeth experience you have come to know. These measures include:
- Our staff will be monitored daily for any changes in their health, including having their temperature taken prior to the start of every day. We have completed a staff training on monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and will confirm team members’ health each day.
- We will have fewer scheduled patients in the office at one time. We also ask parents to minimize the number of people accompanying the patient to their appointment.
- We are screening patient families prior to appointments to ensure that there are no known COVID-19 symptoms or recent exposures and will take patient and/or parent temperatures with forehead thermometers. Please help us to keep the office protected by staying at home if sick.
- Our physical office layout helps maximize social distancing. Please help minimize roaming through the halls by the little people.
- Extra barriers will be in place where social distancing will be difficult.
- As always, hand-washing and sanitizing stations will be available throughout the office.
- As normal, disinfection/sterilization of all clinical areas between every patient and hourly disinfecting of the common areas and bathrooms.
- We have PPE which may seem different than prior appointments. Please know that we will be wearing appropriate barriers while minimizing what is a “scary costume” for our little patients.
If your child’s appointment was canceled due to the quarantine, please contact our office to reschedule. We will be available via phone beginning Monday, May 4th. At this time, we cannot provide appointment reminders. If you have an upcoming scheduled appointment within the next two weeks, please contact us to confirm that it does not need to be adjusted. As always, if your child has any urgent needs or treatment that needs to be rendered in a timely fashion, please contact us so we can prevent any further progression.
Stay healthy, stay safe,
Dr. Mike and Dr. Will